Al Sagnella, PT
Al Sagnella, MAPT graduated from Toro College with a masters/bachelor’s of science degree in 1991. Early in his PT career he worked at Brookhaven/ Peconic Bay Hospital. Over the years Mr. Sagnella has practiced physical therapy in ortho, neuro- re-hab, outpatient orthopedic and home health care setting.
As owner of Mid-Island Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, (2000-2007), he was able to practice in his main area of interest (manual physical therapy).
Mr. Sagnella is currently studying to become COMT in Maitland.
Al has currently taken the following continuing education courses:
- Evaluation and Treatment of Shoulder Impingement: The Athlete’s Shoulder at HSS
- Annual Sports Medicine for the Young Athlete at HSS
- Functional Fitness for the Older Adults Exercise and the Older Adult Geriatric Strengthening
- Essentials of Manual Therapy
- Spinal Mobilization Management of Cervicogenic Headache
- Functional Orthopedic I through Institute of Physical Art (IPA)
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy Seminar: Essential Peripheral – MT 1
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy Seminar: Essential Spinal – MT 2
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy Seminar: Intermediate Spinal – MT 3
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy Seminar: Evidence-Based Orthopedic Diagnostic Evaluation – MT0